UV Curable Letterpress Ink for Cup Printing
The inks of UVLE02-series show very good adhesion on many closed substrates, combined with fast curing speed.
- Good adhesion
- Superb throughcuring properties
- Good ‘post-curing’ rate
- The UVLE02-SERIES contains carefully selected raw materials to minimize the risk of skin irritation and causes as little odour as possible. It does not contain raw material listed on CEPE or TSCA exclusion list
- Optimal resistance properties will be obtained 24 hours after printing
UV CURING SPEED (with 3 lamps of 120 W/cm)
- 250 m/min
(the reactivity is also influenced by the substrate, the condition of the lamps, the condition and adjustment of the reflectors, the thickness of the ink layer, colour, etc.)
SUITABLE SUBSTRATES (min. surface tension 38 dynes/cm)
- High gloss paper and board
- Hard and soft vinyls (corona treated)
- Coated metals
- Pre-treated plastic films (polyester, acetate, Polystyrol, PE, PP)
Preliminary adhesion tests are recommended
AVAILABLE COLOUR SHADES
- Process colours
- Mixing system
|Process colours – letterpress||IWS||ALCOHOL||NITRO||ALKALI|
|Yellow fast 6||UVLE020100B||6||+||+||+|
|Yellow IWS 7||UVLE020104B||7||+||-||+|
|Warm red IWS 8||UVLE020300B||8||-||-||+|
|Warm red fast 7||UVLE020302B||7||+||+||+|
|Rubine red fast 6||UVLE020400B||6||+||+||+|
|Rubine red fast 7||UVLE020402B||7||+||+||+|
|Rhodamine red fast 7||UVLE020500B||7||+||+||+|
|Violet fast 7||UVLE020600B||7||+||+||+|
- Cleaning: it is not necessary to wash the press immediately after printing. The UVLE02-series will not cure in the press and is therefore ready to use for the next day’s printing. However, the ink may start to cure in the press if sunlight or UV-light from the bulbs / UV-lamp is allowed to shine on the ink.
- Shelf life: the UVLE02-series has a 12-month shelf life guarantee. This guarantee covers 12 months from the date of manufacture (which is mentioned on the label). In order to give this guarantee, certain recommendations must be followed: the UVLE02-series should be kept on stock at temperatures between 15 – 20°C and they should not be exposed to direct sunlight or heat. If possible, store the ink in a dark room.
- Rollers: the following roller material is recommended: EPDM (Ethylene-Propylene-Diene-Monomers). EPDM rollers show excellent performance with UV-inks. They are not suitable for conventional inks, since they will swell considerably in contact with aliphatic hydrocarbons, which are used in traditional offset inks.
- Certain Metallic UV-inks may cause swelling of EPDM rollers.
- Nitrile rubber rollers show minimal swelling with UV-inks and conventional inks. Solvents such as glycol and acetates do have a tendency to make this rubber swell. Nitrile rubber is recommended when using two component metallic inks.
- Letterpress plates: the UVLE02-series can be used together with the majority of the marketed letterpress plate materials. The best results are achieved by using soft plates for solids and harder plates for line, text and process work.
- 1 kg tins
- 3 kg tins
- 10 kg pails
- 200 kg barrels
|Wash-up solution||for manual washing||UV0009|
|labelling and reg. free||UV0002|
RECOMMENDED TREATMENT LEVELS (DYNES/CM)
Download as PDF :